Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sexual Transmutation

Sexual Transmutation









Picasso said that for him sexuality and art were the same thing, leading us to believe that he made love as he made art
Sexual Transmutation according to Wikipedia:
“Is the attempt among some religious traditions to transform sexual energy into creativity, thereby facilitating a mystical awakening.”

Transmutation is the act of transferring sexual chemistry into a more creative environment (art, poetry, music etc) Sex desire is the most powerful of human desires.

Can I channel that powerful desire into a blank canvas again?
  
My goal is I’m not going to have any sexual activity with another person or myself until December of 2010. 
Due to many reasons:

1. I have to forget the fact that sex is the maximum component of a relationship.

3. Spiritual insight.

4. This one I’ll never share.

5. The main reason is creativity. 


I've been researching about creativity because I’ve been lost for a while now. And if it takes to give up sexual pleasure to pursue creativity, well, I will.If this works, great. If it doesn't work, oh well.

It’s been a month and it has been really hard. But at the end, it doesn’t feel bad. I’ve felt surprising energy levels the past 2 weeks and that feels great. Still working on that creativity issue. I never knew I had so many urges.


I wonder if there are other artists doing the same thing.
I wonder how many people practice this concept.

By the way, there's a lot of information about this concept. Some which I don't agree. 



2 comments:

Lynn said...

LMAOSO ur gonna hold out to be more creative. II've done this before, I've never know there's a NAME for it, but when I did I realized my work became more sexual becuz i wasn't having it. U really come to see how often the subject pops in ur mind, a touch shocking to realize how frequent ur urges are. Besides, when u told don't think about apple, ur probably gonna think about apples, so I would think the extra urges are part of just denying urself. I don't think this can be the only thing u do, maybe for this test run, but something needs to be happening in ur life to provoke ur creativity to inspire u. if nothinhg eventful is happening, i say add new things to read about which will broaden ur thinking or any subject ,..could spark something. Good luck man! MIss u tons! Can't wait to see whatcha come up with! ^_^

QuinTor said...

I have no idea if this is going to work. I have nothing to lose because i'm not involved with anyone or even like someone.
I'll just go with the flow without hurting the horny teenager in me :)

thanks!